El. Mex Salines Co. owns an oustanding big group of products.
I was honoured to undertake the responsibility of Board Chairman for El. Mex Salines Co. and to join its distinguished team, who are seeking to provide our customers with the best quality product and service.
My aim is to ensure that this company will continue as one of the leading companies in Middle East. El. Mex Salines Co. is a national company, and has a long history that extends back over 200 years. During this time, it has served the Egyptian industry as well as the Egyptian nationals both sincerely and precisely. In addition to being very close to them at any time as a major partner to their success.
The company also could, during that history, be the pioneer company in Egypt and the whole of this region.
In a world that develops and changes rapidly, the company is keen on developing its plants and utilities to achieve what is consistent with its history and suitable for its customers. We aim to continue to develop in order to attract investors that will be able to add value by the optimal use of bittern solution.
The company is considered as one of the oldest international companies in the salt industry. We have practiced for generations in this industry since 1801. We have developed our products & our plants in accordance with the most recent global technology.
Due to the nationalization resolutions and as per the presidential decree No. 117 of 1961 "dated on 29/7/1961", El. Mex Salinas (founded in 1805) & Port Said Salina (founded in 1859) have been merged under the name of El. Nasr Salines Co.
Based on the approval of the extraordinary public assembly of El. Nasr Salines Company in its session dated on 27/8/2002, and upon the ministerial committee approval for privatisation on 14/11/2002, the parent company (El. Nasr Salines Co.) was divided into two companies ‘El. Nasr Salines Co.’ & ‘El. Mex Salinas Co.’
It has also been agreed by the extraordinary public assembly of the Holding Company for Chemical Industries, in its session dated on 27/10/2002, that one of the two companies operates both of El. Mex Salina and Port Said Salina under the name of El. Mex Salines Co., and to be freed from the long term loans as well as from loan-related encumbrances. While the other company’s activity is to be limited to Sebeka and Porg Al.Arab Salinas besides its affiliated branch Salinas, and to proceed its activity under the current name of El. Nasr Salines Co. El.Nasr Salines Co. is to shoulder all the long term commitments. However, Ministry of public works sector’s decision, No. 6 of the 2003, dated on 21/1/2003 was made for establishing El. Mex Salines Co. "An Egyptian joint stock company" and an affiliated company to the Holding Company for Chemical Industries.
El. Mex Salines Co. is one of the companies affiliated to the Holding Company for Chemical Industries that is subjected to Ministry of Investment. The company is governed by public works sector’s law No. 203/1991.
El. Mex Salines Co. is the largest salt producing companies in the Arab Republic of Egypt & Middle East. Our company productivity of raw salt reaches 1,500,000 tonnes per year. The company exports about 750,000 tonnes per year of edible, washed and refined salt to many countries such as USA, Turkey, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Lebanon and Slovenia etc.
The company is producing all types of salt, both for edible and for industrial uses. All of our products are subject to the periodical supervision of the relevant Egyptian authorities as well as ministry of health, so we are confident that we are doing everything we can to achieve the satisfaction of our customers and meet their demands. The company consists of two Salinas:
• El. Mex Salina: Total production capacity of 1,200,000 tonnes per year.
• Port Said Salina: Total production capacity of 300,000 tonnes per year.
Recently, in Siwa area huge amaounts of good specifications salt that are required in both local & international markets have been discovered. Therefore, El. Mex Salines Co. made a partenership contract with Siwa company to market its product from rock salt for a quantity of one million ton/year as a complementary product to the company production of marine salt and to meet consumers and customers’ need of salt whether for edible, industrial or deicing uses .
* Salt Pellets Produced according to :
-Global standard specifications . -AWWA specifications . -ANSI specifications .
*Required for :
-All industrial generating stations . -Steam generating stations . -Deluxe hotels .
• Water is a fundamental element for any organism in life mow over , it plays a principal role in industrial life nevertheless it’s size or type .
• It is well known that water resources are rain , underground water and the rivers water.
• All these water resources contain lots of salts which it’s hardness is like Calcium and Magnesium Carbonates and bicarbonate’s hardness .
*Such hardness causes many problems to the industrial processes particularly with steam boilers .
• Thanks to the modern scientific technological researches and experiments, science has reached a solution to soften the hard water by using ions exchange method for both of Calcium & Magnesium exist in this water with sodium by using natural or industrial resins, thereby soft water which is soluble for various purposes becomes accessible in the following forms :-
-Na2 R + Ca ( HCO3 ) 2 CaR + 2 NaHCO3
-Na2 R + CaCO3 CaR + Na2CO3
-Na2 R + CaSO4 CaR + Na2SO4
-Na2 R + Mg CO3 MgR + Na2CO3
-Na2 R + Mg ( HCO3 ) 2 MgR + 2 NaHCO3
• Since resin is naturally water insoluble on one hand and easy with ions exchange on the other, this property has been used in decreasing resin cost by reactivating it, i.e. reactivate it's potentials to perform it’s cation exchange characteristics through an interaction with an economic element such as salt ( sodium chloride ), therefore we can prolong resin’s life for a longer period and such period depends on many factors the most important of which is the purity degree of the used salt after which resin reactivate with as less cost as possible :
-CaR + 2NaCl (with excess) CaCl2 +Na2R
-MgR + 2NaCl (with excess) MgCl2 +Na2 R
• Keeping in line with the scientific advancement that served the plants using resins water treatment units, salt pellets produced according to the updated world specs that cope with the purpose of use for the resins reactivating process used for water softening in the industrial companies, electricity & steam regeneration stations or in the deluxe hotels.
1- Colour : white 2- Salt pellet size: 15 mm x 10 mm
*Why is salt pellets the best ?
• Salt pellets ( Sodium Chloride ) are preferred in resins re-activation process
since it has a significant properties such as :
1- Sodium Chloride is the only salt which does not cause troubles to the water or to the resin during the exchange process like that ammonia and potassium do . .
2 -Chlorine does not form precipitations with ammonia or magnesium .
3- Sodium chloride is chemically inactive and has no side effects on the resin
4- Sodium chloride does not cause environmental pollution .
5- It is available in high purity degree and suitable price .
6- Has an optimal size and form for the reaction .
7- has a constant properties . .
8- Has an efficient influences on decreasing water treatment costs .
9-Prolongs resin’s life . 10- Has high volumetric density .
11- has an easy flow property .
12- Easy in handling – ( Transportation & storing ) .
A series of scientific studies show that, salt crystals lights can increase the negative ions in the air count by up to 300 %, which in turn, work to reduce harm of the positive ions that exhaust our mental and physical energy where the negative ions neutralize the positive ions therefore; you feel energy and increase in concentration.
Exposure to the negative ion has many advantages of which purifying the air from dust and bacteria and reduce the damage of exposure to magnetic field, so it is recommended to use salt lamps to counter the detrimental effects of (EMF) resulting from exposure to electrical equipment, computer, television screens and others, where exposure to the light of this lamp help to cure diseases such as (Allergies and Asthma - Arthritis - Neuropathic pain - Rheumatism - High blood pressure - Sinusitis), as well as it increases intellectual energy where the negative ions work on the flow of oxygen to the brain, and relieve the sense of insomnia and migraine headaches, it provide a healthy environment for the treatment of burns and wounds of surgical operations, salt lamps absorb moisture from the air and when light, evaporation occurs by the heat and release beneficial negative ions.
Send a message click here